The CCPA grants new rights to California consumers, as defined in this CCPA Fact Sheet:
- The right to know what personal information is collected, used, shared or sold, both as to the categories and specific pieces of personal information.
- The right to delete personal information held by businesses and by extension, a business's service provider.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of personal information. Consumers are able to direct a business that sells personal information to stop selling that information. Children under the age of 16 must provide opt-in consent, with a parent or guardian consenting for children under 13.
- The right to non-discrimination in terms of price or service when a consumer exercises a privacy right under the CCPA.
Businesses are subject to the CCPA if one or more of the following are true, as defined in this CCPA Fact Sheet:
- Has gross annual revenues in excess of $25 million;
- Buys, receives, or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers, households, or devices;
- Derives 50 percent or more of annual revenues from selling consumers' personal information.
- As proposed by the draft regulations, businesses that handle the personal information of more than 4 million consumers will have additional obligations.
As of May 2020, Five Tango Victor Aviation, LLC does not meet these CCPA conditions.
To learn more about the CCPA, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers for more information regarding online advertising. To opt out of such advertising networks, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and follow their opt-out process. An additional resource related to preference-based advertising that you may want to visit includes the National Advertising Institute.